Membership in ASCGWA provides a unique opportunity for both our American and International Military Spouses. Since 1976, our members have enjoyed fun, fellowship, and cultural exchange opportunities with military friends from over 35 countries around the world!
Eligibility: You are eligible to become a member of ASCGWA and participate in all events and activities if you are:
- a spouse of an accredited attaché (Defense, Military, Air Force, Naval) or assistant attaché assigned to embassies in Washington, DC.
- a spouse of a foreign officer or civilian employee (sponsored by their respective embassy) assigned to duties in the National Capital Region.
The International Members Group is led by ...... Below are some of the fun activities our members have enjoyed:
- Lunch on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
- A visit to the White House during the Christmas Season.
- Oktoberfest with a live German band.
- Alexandria Ghost Tour.
- Kayak trip on the river.
- Library of Congress tour.
- Afternoon Tea at the National Cathedral and other locations.
- Smaller get-togethers with members who live close by (in our Zip Code Group).
- Movie outings.
- Walking Group.
- The annual Joint Armed Forces of Washington Luncheon (JAFOWL).
- International Showcase.
Benefits of Membership
ASCGWA membership dues are $45 per year. The membership fee includes:
- A digital membership directory.
- A digital subscription to Backchannels, our monthly newsletter.
- An open invitation to participate in a large variety of club-sponsored activities and special programs like the ones mentioned above.
- The ability to bring a guest to certain events.
To become an ASCGWA member, please visit our membership page. You will sign up as an Associate Member. If you have questions about ASCGWA membership, please contact the International Chair at Internationals@armyspousesclub.org. We are looking forward to meeting you!